Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Somethings Borrowed..

My dad likes to send me pictures of projects my mom does at home, as a friendly competition so I thought I would share the latest.  Unfortunately I can't tell you how to make these things since I have only seen pictures but either way they are pretty great.  When I told my mom about the wreath I made last weekend she said she had a wreath as well but she didn't share the details until my dad sent the picture.  I will have to say I am a huge fan of the wreath.  It is green and if I haven't told you yet I love green!
I like the nest - it is a nice spring touch!
Later that evening she prepared a Martha Stewart like dinner although I will be honest I have yet to hear how it tasted but I am willing to bet it was delicious.  I don't have a recipe but she is sharing it with me this weekend so I will definitely share it after the weekend. 
She raves about the potatoes so I can only imagine how great they are.  My mom is a really good cook and always prepared a home cooked meal each night when we were growing up.  I strive to be able to do that as well once we have a family so we will see.  Maybe I will still be blogging and sharing meals!
My last something borrowed is a recipe (no picture) and one of the best things to ever hit my tongue.  A few weeks back my friend brought over these cookie dough balls which we put in the fridge and forgot about until the next morning.  My husband and I each had one and it was love at first bite!  During the week we each had some and by Thursday I decided I had to make them for work.  With any luck there would be leftover to take home for the weekend - and there were!  These are so simple and everyone loves them.
I actually only dipped half of each ball in the chocolate and now reading all the directions it looks as if it says to dip the whole ball - oh well.  Also my husband loved them but made a comment about a different taste and then talking to my friend she thought it was odd you used baking soda.  We think the baking soda is to add to the authenticity of it tasting like real cookie dough but I think next time I will leave it out!
This past weekend I painted the bathroom - stay tuned to before and after pictures.  Also I still have that project to share I told you about almost two weeks ago...shame on me but the St. Paddy's day shirts got in the way.  Next on the list is a fruit tart...if I don't mention it again that means it was a flop!

Until next time...Stay Creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment