Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ice cream season...almost

Over the summer I received a ice cream cone cupcake pan - a what you ask??  It is a pan that has molds for the top and the bottom of a cupcake.  One night I was feeling adventurous and decided to give it a try.  On the back of the pan box was a recipe for a pound cake which I decided to follow as well. I filled the first 3 bottoms and tops and they were ready to bake.
I also added sprinkles to the top as suggested by the recipe.  I set the timer for 50 mins and realized I was in for a long night if I wanted a dozen of these!  I waited and waited and waited until the buzzer went off.
I also realized after the first batch the reason you use the pound cake recipe is because the tops are so heavy the base needs to be sturdy enough to hold the top.  Once these cooled off they were ready to be frosted.  I put a drop of frosty between the top and bottom as glue and frosted the top. 
They look pretty good and actually like ice cream cones!  These are not made for one person - they are probably large enough for two people.   They were very time consuming since the batter took a long time to bake all the way through and was hard to judge when it was ready.  After baking all the batter I realized next time I would use regular cupcake batter and no tops.  I will also use frosting as the top and not add a baked top.  By using only frosting on the top these would also be manageable for one person to eat!
I also made some cookies for the holiday this past weekend.  My mom gave me the cookie cutters and with some sprinkles, sugar cookie dough, green dye, and a festive plate they were all set to share at work!
YUM

And finally I am ready to share my painted bathroom with you all but first here are some before pictures.  Our bathroom was a cream color with blue tiles - I am not the biggest fan of blue but since the previous owners were I have learned to like it. 
The first picture is from the door and the next is looking from the toilet to the shower.  As you can see the color scheme is blue, brown, and cream.  I really like green though so I decided to pick a color which is more of a khaki color.  I wanted to choose a color that would bring out the tan in the tiles.  After bringing home more than 20 colors I finally found the one!  After convincing my husband that I could paint the walls and only the walls I was determined to paint it in one weekend.  I started on Saturday and finished on Sunday! 
I was now ready to pick the new shower curtain, pictures, bath rug, and tissue holder.  All the items I replaced I had in the bathroom for a few years and were starting to look a little ragged.  After a few trips to HomeGoods I am ready to reveal the new bathroom. 

There doesn't seem to be a huge difference in the paint but if you look at the trim you can tell there is a difference.  I know I have said this before but I really like green so I am glad I was able to pull the green in.  I am not completely satisfied with the hand towels but for now they work.  I hope you all enjoyed my home DIY project...stay tuned for more.

Until next time...Stay Creative!!







No comments:

Post a Comment