Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Yesterday we went to a tree farm north of Boston in search of our Christmas tree and it proved more difficult than we thought.  All together our group needed two trees and after going to a few areas of the farm none of the trees met our standards.  The trees were either too tall, too bare, or too skinny - we were in search of voluptuous trees!  Finally after the third area we found trees...yay!  I was about to give up and buy a pre-cut tree but at last we found 'the one'.  Here's a few pictures of our search for the perfect tree:
I was pretending to cut a tree when we thought we weren't going to find one we wanted to at least appear to have had the experience of cutting our own tree!
The tree!  My husband is sizing up the tree - I thought for sure it would look bigger once we got in the house but it didn't.  Aside from the height the tree shape is perfect.
Loading the tree with a little help from our friends - back to Boston we all go.

My husband was nice enough to drop me off at the mall to meet my mom and then he took the tree home.  When I got home it was all set up and let me tell you it did not look very big :(  We have high ceilings and it just didn't fill the space but once it was decorated it was a lot better.
Here's our 'naked' tree waiting to be decorated.  Now it was time to decorate it with flowers, butterflies, bows, and a star.  I previously purchased green floral picks, blue picks, silver picks, and blue ribbon to decorate it.  Not your typical tree but with very few traditional ornaments I wanted to do something fun.
This is the beginning of the tree without bows and the star...not looking too bad but could use some more color.
Close up of the flower pick
Butterfly pick

And now I present to you our 2011 Christmas tree:
It is a very fun tree and as you can see our reindeer is part of the theme.  We affectionately named him 'Skippy' as he has one short leg - poor reindeer!  My husband needs some time to get used to the tree but I know it will grow on him.  I hope everyone else enjoyed decorating their tree as much as I did.

Up next is another holiday decoration I made based on a Pottery Barn decoration and buffalo chicken mac 'n cheese.

Until next time...stay creative!!






No comments:

Post a Comment