Friday, December 30, 2011

When Pigs Fly....


Last week my brother had a pig roast for his fiance's big birthday. This is all she asked for so 12 of us gathered a a local restaurant and indulged on the suckling pig. Everyone had a great time. In preparation for the party I made a flower arrangement for the table. I wanted to add a bit of color and fun to the table. I started with bunches of flowers from Trader Joe's, a vase I had, wet block, and greens from a local florist.  I started with the leave to mask the wet block then started placing the flowers one by one.

As you can see I am big on being symmetrical but wasn't completely...

After adding two lilies off center and some gold, sparkling tin-tin it was complete. Now on to dinner!

This was the pig - how fun!

No birthday dinner is complete without dessert. I wanted to make something pig related and after several searches on other blogs I figured out how I was going to make the pig cupcakes. I put together a few designs I saw online and came up with my own strawberry pigs because we all know how much pigs like strawberries!

I also wasn't sure how to bring them to the restaurant but I remembered I had cupcake boxes with matching cupcake tins and decided those were the best way to transport the cupcakes.

Now off to a New Year's Eve wedding!  More blogging to come in the new year. 


Until next time...Stay Creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment