Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's the most beautiful time of the year....

I have a few things to share with you tonight - all things having to do with the holidays!  First off I had showed you all a picture of a table decorated in silver holiday decorations from Pottery Barn a few weeks ago and now I want to show you my version.  I collected various silver holiday decorations, some in the past years and some this year.  Right after Halloween I was in Rite Aid and found bird candle holders.  From a typical passer by they probably looked hideous but to me after the 75% reduction in price I saw beauty in them.

With a little silver spray paint and some love I was able to transform these into candle holders for my silver scene:
These are perfect for the scene, look so much better, and only cost me 1/4 of the original price...I am a sucker for a deal.  After collecting a few more silver decorations I was ready to set it up.
I am pretty satisfied with how it came out so let's hope we can survive without a coffee table for the next month.  I want to explain a few of the things I collected.  The deer was in the $2 bin at Target, the trees were received as gifts, and the mercury glass candle holder and the placements were purchased at HomeGoods.  I think the scene adds a bit of holiday cheer to the living room.
Next up I want to share with you a holiday decoration my mom made for me 2 years ago.  It is very simple to make and looks great on any table. 
How cute is this?  All you need is a short vase (it can be round or square), small glass ornaments, and festive candle holders.  The colors all go together great and are not your standard holiday colors which we all know I am a huge fan of! 
The other day I came across a similar candle holder at Pottery Barn which was all silver - my mom was ahead of the curve :)
And finally I started my present wrapping - yes I know Christmas is a month away but I had a present and all the wrapping so I couldn't resist.  In October I purchased rolls of wrapping paper for a $1 at Target so I decided to use that.  When I opened it I was surprised to find it was foil wrap and not paper.  I was hesitant at first but ended up using it.  I started with this:
Remember I overstocked earlier in the month on things to decorate my Christmas presents so after adding a bow and an ornament I have this:
When I was home this weekend I was lucky enough to receive a bow making class taught by the one and only...MY MOM!  My mom has the best present wrapping skills I have ever seen.  Now I will no longer be giving presents with boring, simple bows!  If you are reading this blog and receive this present make sure you compliment the wrapping I worked so hard on :)
Next up I recreate a holiday decoration I spotted in Pottery Barn and share our not so traditional Christmas tree we are getting this weekend.

Until next time...stay creative!








No comments:

Post a Comment