Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm back....

Ok so after the holidays, a wedding, and traveling for work I am back and hopefully ready to attack crafts:)  First I want to share with you a few pictures from my brother's NYE wedding.  The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and were so fun!
This was the bride's bouquet - so pretty and simple:

The centerpieces which were on the tables and the bar:
This was a great mix of calla lilies, orchids, and carnations all arranged in a martini glass.  
My favorite centerpiece was the gift table arrangement:
Add a lobster and trap for a little New England flare!  I wonder who is drinking out of that glass now??

Now on to my project this weekend.  Remember a few posts back I made a Christmas frame for the front door with ornaments well I decided to make one for Valentine's Day since I have very few Valentine's Day decorations.  I had an extra frame I bought a few months back so now was the perfect time use it.  I gathered all my materials - I wasn't sure if I was going to use them all but wanted to make sure anything red or pink that I had I pulled out of the closet:
I started with the bow and frame:
I had the silver bow left from Christmas so I added pink ribbon to go with the Valentine's theme.  Next I added the decorations I bought from Michael's.  I was hoping they had red Christmas ornaments left over but I think I was a week or two too late.
The frame looked a bit plain so I added some paper flowers I picked up today.  The pack of flowers were only $1 so you can't go wrong.
I am happy how it looks and now the door isn't so lonely!
My husband asked if I was really putting it on the door and I asked if he was embarrassed and he told me yes...well it is now on the door.

Next up homemade Valentine's Day cards for kids.  I have several ideas and will even show you one I made as a mock-up for an 'almost' seven year old who will be making them for her class. 

Until next time...Stay Creative!!





No comments:

Post a Comment