Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bookmarks that go oink!

Ok so tonight I am going to share with you another children's project or something you can make for a child...good for all age groups!  Once again after way too many hours on Pinterest I found very cute bookmarks.  Hopefully some kids are still too young for Kindles and Nooks or else this project is a bust and I will need to get into the 21st century!!  These bookmarks are great because you can make any animal or design you want - let your imagination run wild.  I decided to make a pig based on the paper I had at the house. 
I started with pink, sparkly paper and drew 3 2 1/2 inch cubes that look like this:

I have a scoring board so it made it very easy to make perfect squares.  Next I added two diagonal lines down the middle of the two outside boxes:

Once the lines were all drawn I started cutting the bookmark:

If you are making multiple bookmarks it is good to use a thicker paper first to make a template first which can be used to trace and make multiple cutouts.  Next you will need to fold along the lines towards the whole square so each side overlaps.  Now secure the top flap to the lower flap with glue - leaving the area between the overlapping flaps and the square unglued.

Now you have the head....but it isn't complete without a pig nose...

...eyes, ears, and a book!

How cute are these!  I also made a duck:
I wanted to share these with everyone because I thought they were an easy projects and encourage reading - what's better than that!  I also have book club this week so books were on my mind.  Stay tuned for some great recipes I will be testing out for book club.

Until next time...Stay Creative!





No comments:

Post a Comment