Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Berger, no not Burger (sneak peek and more)!

I decided to share with you my semi-finished cake pup I am making for this weekend.  Don't worry they can be made a week ahead of time and have been stored in the refrigerator so they will be fresh!  My inspiration was Berger...ok if you are reading this and don't know who Berger is my husband would be very happy.  Berger has been in my life for over 4 years and sometimes makes Sean jealous haha.  Berger is my future sister-in-law's dog and I think when my brother proposed Berger was no longer my brother's 'buddy' but his puppy too.  They both love him like a child and he is like another person in our family.  I decided since Berger can't be at his momma's bachelorette party I will bring some of Berger to the party.  No I am not bringing locks of his hair, don't think that didn't cross my mind though ;) 
Ok so here we go - this is the 'ruff' draft of Berger:
So Berger is missing something, at first I couldn't pinpoint it but now I know...a collar!  I will have to add one tomorrow.  This is my mock up and I will see how it survives the night and then complete them tomorrow night.
I have been thinking about the holidays lately and how could I not; every store you go into is piped with Christmas music and have decorations everywhere!  Here are a few things to look forward to:
and
You are probably thinking what's so special with these two items?  Well in my spare time I like looking through magazines and other blogs(Pinterest) to get inspiration and when I came across this picture I knew I had to try it this holiday season.
The frame I found today on clearance and hope to pick up the other items, if I don't have them already, in the next few weeks.  I think this is the perfect alternative to a typical wreath.  Don't worry Mom I will still hang my wreaths with the bows you made me a couple years ago!

And then I have this as inspiration:

I love the silver theme and I already have a tree my mom gave me as well as a silver deer I picked up at Target in the $2.50 bin!  I have seen lots of these items already on display at TJ Maxx and Marshalls...and much cheaper than the picture above!
Stay tuned for the finished cake pups, bridal shower favors and yummy treats using Oreos!
Until next time...stay creative




No comments:

Post a Comment