Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Not your average wreath...

A couple weeks ago I showed you a picture of a picture frame with a bow and ornaments used in place of a typical wreath during the holiday season.  This weekend I tried to make my own but using a slightly different color scheme than was used in the picture below:

I came across a frame on clearance at Michael's and decided to try my own frame decoration.  I started by spray painting the frame a jade color.  I wanted the frame I was creating to be bolder and not as country looking as the one above.
I wanted to stay away from Christmas colors and make it fun.  I also purchased ribbon and ornaments from AC Moore.  The ribbon was in the dollar bin and the ornaments were 50% off so it was a great deal!  I also found some gold and red ribbon I had in my ribbon collection at home to use for the ornaments and got to work.
After looking at the ornaments with the frame and deciding on the correct length of ribbon for each ornament I tied all three together.  Next I hot glued the ends of the ribbons to the middle of the frame.  I wasn't sure how they were fastened to the frame I saw online but this was the best solution I could come up with.
Next I made a simple bow for the top and made sure there was enough ribbon on each end to hang over the frame.  I secured the bow on top of the ribbons once again with hot glue.

Now it was time to see how it looked on the door:

I was happy with the outcome and thought it looked like the one I had seen on Pinterest but also just different enough to show my own personal touch in the colors and ornaments.  The total cost for this project was approximately $13 - not bad if you ask me and a fun project to make!

On Monday when I was changing the water for the bouquet I made over the weekend I decided to transform it into a short, small table arrangement.  I have several vases and found the perfect one to hold the shorter bouquet.  After re-arranging the flowers I added a leaf from the previous arrangement to the water and cut the stems:
It is bright and cheery...too bad winter is on the way because this reminds me of spring! 

Until next time...stay creative!!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment