Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Big GOBBLE Reveal

Last post I shared with you the cake balls I made for book club well I thought I should show you the final product.  The recipe states to serve the cake balls cold but I actually preferred them at room temperature.  They tasted just like funfetti cake batter!

Next up I wanted to also share with you a little bit about a flower class I took this evening.  The class was called 'Make It and Take It' so we made a Thanksgiving long and low table arrangement to take home for the holiday.  Tonight's experience did not compare to my last flower class by any means.  The instructor started with listing all the flowers we were going to use on the white board...as soon as I saw carnations I knew I was in for it.  If you can remember from my last flower post I highly dislike these flowers.  I cringed and continued to follow the instructor's direction.  I am not an expert in any way but I am almost positive I knew more about flowers than the instructor.  When we all got done I wanted to take a picture of her arrangement because it was not looking too good.  All in all I am glad I went just for the experience.  I present to you the centerpiece:
Although I did not like the carnations I did like using ivy and lemon leaves around the base of the arrangement.  I will say it seemed everyone else enjoyed making the arrangement - most people in the class had never even really touched flowers so for them I am sure it was a great experience.

And now I reveal the turkey pops:
These things were the biggest pain BUT I do like how they came out.  I had several problems and as you can see this turkey does not have any legs.  The legs were just not cutting it so I decided to do away with them. 
The flock:
As you can see in this picture some of the turkeys have legs - these were my first batch but the legs were causing pressure on the cake balls and as a result the chocolate coating was cracking.  I made several changes to the head of the turkey but now I am tired from chasing all these turkeys around so I will share the tricks in my next post.

Until next time...stay creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment